EZ-Bond temporary mounting adhesive is a non-hazardous material ideal
for temporarily mounting materials that require polishing, dicing,
scribing and other machining processes. EZ-BOND exhibits high bond
strength and adheres readily to metals, ceramics, composites, and glass.
The adhesive is easily removed by reheating to its re-flow temperature
of 125 ºC, and removing the residue in alcohol. EZ-BOND is available in
standard size sticks, ½” x ½” x 6”, and other sizes can be supplied upon
115 - 125
50% in n-propanol
Gardner 6 Melt viscosity
Brookfield, cps at 160ºC
Solids at Haze Point: In Anhydrous Denatured Ethanol
In 190 proof Denatured Ethanol
319 (605 ºF)
* Polishing and lapping single crystals, optical components and
* Dicing and scribing crystals, glasses, piezoelectrics, semiconductors
* Machining ceramics, glass, refractories and metals.
* Temporarily mounting substrates for electron microscopy.
1) Heat a ceramic or glass mounting block to the flow temperature of
EZ-BOND (115-125 ºC) using a hot plate or oven.
2) Apply a layer of EZ-BOND to the heated mounting plate and place the
substrate over the adhesive. Apply pressure evenly to the substrate to
remove entrapped air. Allow EZ-BOND to flow around the perimeter of the
substrate to increase the holding strength.
3) Remove the assembly from the heat source and allow it to cool slowly
to room temperature until the adhesive is hardened.
4) To remove the parts, re-heat the assembly to 115-125 ºC. Use a tool
to slide the substrate off, and rinse thoroughly in ethanol to remove